Sunday, July 1, 2012

I'll get started, the muse can meet me later...

Today I sat down infront of a blank screen, feeling completely non-creative. The muse, once again aluded me. However, I made a choice to forge ahead in it's absence and just write anything. I pulled out the recently completed treatment I'd been brooding over, clicked the MovieMagic Screenwriter icon on my lap top screen and just started writing.

At first I started backing up and changing things as I went, then it hit me..

Just get this first draft out. Just keep going, don't second guess yourself right now... let it flow.

Within minutes I had completed several scenes and wasn't even thinking about it. The lines came to me one after the other in  natural progression. As I clicked away and page after page appeared, it hit me, the muse caught up to me.

I am a storyteller, an artist and a creative... so waiting for the mood isn't neccessary. If I sit down and start, it happens almost on auto-pilot. 

524886_10150808805938204_611137398_n

So WHY is it so hard to make myself sit down and get over those thoughts that seem to defeat my progress:

  • Do I really have time for this? 
  • I have so many other things I need to be doing.
  • I am not in the mood.
  • I'll do it later today. 
  • It won't hurt to skip today. 
  • This can wait.

Do you find that once you sit down and get to work on your script, it's like your creativity just kicks in and takes it from there?

Do you find it difficult to make time for your screenwriting work with all your other obligations?

 

No comments: