Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The hot apps are about auto stalking?

So a lot of people i've met over the past 3 to 5 years, I have met through facebook, yelp, and twitter. I have done photoshoots with people I met on twitter and had lunch with yelp friends. So why should I be surprised that the new apps getting talked up are all about meeting people who share your area and your interests?

Images

Highlight is getting a lot of play from SXSWand the peeps that matter in Social Media... do you use it? I have it, but honestly being out in the desert right now, it hasn't been all that useful. When I return to Los Angeles, I am assuming my interest in screenwriting and fashion will have that thing blowing up!

Glancee_view-of-app

Along the same lines, Glancee does the same thing with a different interface. I think it is a great idea, and I remember reading about something very similar before smartphones that was used in Japan with hardware built for the actual task of "beeping up" when you were near someone else who shared your specific interests. The idea is not new, but it will be interesting to see if people really do want to meet people or if social media is more of a way to interact without having to "face to face" with people.

Have you tried either app? What do you think? Have a success story or nightmare story?

TELL ME!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: